8 Hands

The Second Hand Grasps

“Seconds”
pass as our lives
die away

Every day
Is human sacrifice
As hours pass
Is human sacrifice
As lives are laid up

For nothing
For illusions
For a lie

*

He is the Emperor
With the many hands
He is sweating
And his sweat shall never end

He reclines, rests
Crests, wanes
In a Lodge of Flesh

He is the moon and sun
Undone

*

There upon the total sky
a great altar wide stands
bright – light
eats light eats light
and makes a tabernacle

delight of all delights

the tabernaculum
bleeds white brightness
bleeds white hot
lovely light

Laymen all we down below
split quaternity, everything
here down below
split four times and four times
four

is not what it seems here
down below

Ludibrium
A mockery and a sport
It’s true yes
Spectacular theatrical
Sporting fun
All but for the blood
Which cannot lie
Nor would could it do
And this
My one hand reaching
Is true too

As too as that man is real
He there
Who may have killed the Diamond Girl
There across the way
Sweating, with his
Cloth-made crown

There he sweats
So near so far
Shall I rouse him?

Not yet
For he has not seen me
And surprise now is
all

I count
One
Two

The heartbeat
Is a drum
I hear
alone

I rise, my feet light and free,
And look for the happy blade
above

Hejana Nethai
I go but do not go

It is so, for
I am wishful
But no longer shy
Have come a long way to stare
at this
star-gorged
this split and bright darkened sky
So weirdly right
That it should be
Now above
Now below
The whole of me

So I will stare
And staring
Assuredly arise
to once again become
and becoming once more be

Eight yards hence
Now low
Arched angle
Low there, the suite
and sage

A wolf nearby
But not

(The wolf makes its home
in a den of wood and stone
hard born, hard it will die

There are few wolves
In North Dakota here
but those that glow blue
are here and everywhere)

And arched backwards
Supine near to split
There, sacrificial
Lies the Maid as she once was
There upon the tabernaculum
And there upon the sky
A sheet of light breaks out
A blade across the sky
A bolt of light, and lightning
Bolt

And knife

Aloft, I reach out
And one
Two three four five
Pluck it from the air
Pluck forth that wolf’s tooth of light

And hold it
Above her belly

For a second
For a second

For a time
I hold it
There
So high