7 Hands

The Third Hand Strikes

Thirst”
Jabs at the tongue
Of this one

In a moment
A throat is cut
Like a bird cuts
The sky

Chemtrails
And a cloud parts
Dropping rain
Raining blood

*

She is the Sister
with the swollen eye
She is bleeding
And her blood flows blue
And bright

She arches, bends
Billows
And gives birth
To death

She is the night sky
New won

*

Between the instance of my willing it so
And the happening itself
There falls the blade
Slow, slower than the seasons change
One, two, three, and four

A drumbeat down below

Between the instance and the happening
One must will it so

Yet still I cut
And won’t be stopped
The blade drops
Fast I strike
The memory of it all
Of Black Maria
Lahoon, swoon Sorceror
And the boon of Bone

Informs, nay, is the striking

And it is good that it is so

The knife goes
The clouds burst
The sky parts

Darkens – I pray for the rain to come
But none does, though the sky
is dark as pitch

and down below
in a small temple made
of flesh and stone

there sits the villain
smugly so

under grayblack sky

It occurs to me now
In this moment
Floating about the sweating lodge
Where sits this man and bone
(Skullbone – the memory of murder)
That this is a lesson
And I am here to learn

And between this occurrence
And my descent, a voice
Speaks inside my mind

With clarity
Crystalline

Before the bones will walk
West over the horizon there
You must lay up your hopes
To eternity

And having done
Despair

Yet beyond despair
something

will undo
the knife

and sew
the tear

will lay the worm to ground
and shake the earthen lair

I listen closely
And I listen long
And I listen
Repeatedly
To the words
I listen on

And abruptly find
As I crash down
To red earth

This voice
Is mine

That voice
Is mine

That voice
And song

Disappear
Into the black clouds
beyond