Variables

Hoy
Do you not see, hey!
Hoy
Those flowers are not for you

Hey
Those flowers are not for you
Not today
Maybe tomorrow

But not today

See today is Sunday
the rose red day
The Day of the Sun
And I, caretaking,
have begun the beginning
I have begun
“The Begun”

I have destroyed
“The Ending”

I have undone the sun

‘Tis a grave here, this shadow!
Of musicians, of chants, of tribes
These graves are lonesome, windblown, enscribed

“Forget me not. Forget me not.
Nor neither forget how I loved you, and loving you loved life.”

Was she a sister?
A lover?
A maiden?
A bride?

Were she a moment?
A crystal?
A diamond?
A scribe…

Yes! She was a scribe!
And a sister.
And a lover.
A maiden
And a bride!

Oh ache, this
To have lost this.
Oh sweet, sharp
Hideous ache to know
That the Modern Sorcerer,
unknowing! driven! mad!
cares not
once for me,
for my tribalism
for my bower bones
and for the dead underfoot.

Oh ache, to have lost her
A murder, vile
And criminal

Incidental.
Accidental.
And I to blame.

We killed her
And so we killed the dream.

I am victim.
I am slain.
Aye, I am that slayer.
And I too am slain.

In the company of the rebellious bone
All things bleed
And become the same.

Oh
He is waiting to wake up

And destroy
the throne
the tower
the throne

Oh
It is waiting to arise
And return
Home

Oh
And that’s the sorcerer I seek
to drive from the starry dome

I see
I see

You're going north, you say?
North as in upstate?

Well here’s a riddle
for thee

This here is my coffee
This here is my tea
One makes the other
I have milk in neither
for milk would make three

And three is for Tuesday
Two days well hence

While two is for Monday
one turn away
The day of the Moon
the day that doth sway

Break down the dollars
Here’s fifty cents here’s
Break down the dimes
Here’s five cents, no please

Take it
And bugger off

That’s English for
Fuck ye’, you crazy

There’s your goddamned bus