Revolution!

Vacate the Guardsman! go underground!
by the hundreds! and rain joy! upon me
Body-satvas, shanti shanti!

Artaud, le wise gink, whistles in my ear
And is gone as quickly as he came
The mise en scene – misery! Upon grins
The masks
The shivs
Shakespearean wigs! what drama! great jigs!
Elizabethan joy upon joy,
Trumpets sound
Jugglers bound
upon the red cut upon my brow
Tis wisdom, striking diamonds striking hard
Tis wise, the cut upon my brow
All pain, focused, central
I’m seeing like I’ve never seen before but
I am distracted
distracted
distracted
a urine stink on the subway
soap cake cheap food bad cologne
underground rumbling attractions
attractions
attractions
and a friendly would-be nurse approaches

"Are you okay?"

What then is there to say
about the missing Maid
the cut fingered-father
making half that sign of cuckolding
as blood drips from his grizzly fingers
imagine it! sinew! bones!
a gash from a
dropped rope
to fall! a king! in gin!
gnashed bottles like teeth
and all of them around him
red upon red
a king dead
and no grip
never will bring him back

No grip never will bring him back.
No none at all.

A wiped brow
Blood has a way
to stain. Like
more than anything.
Like
more even than wine.

Revolution.

Revolution.

Revolution.
I say.
Now’s the time.

"I said are you okay?
Here.
Let me help you."

She doth
doth she ever
a white cloth
goes a bit red
I cut my head
I cut my head
I cut my head.

But she sees that.
And I'm sitting here wanting
to exit
But in a big way!
To leave the City
for in truth
I want the forest
of my exile
for in fact
the Rebel Bone is there
with all his lessons
and rhymes
and guilts
and I’m to find him.
And finding him

find

There's a king killer
inside of me.
And I want
the sorceror. But I don't
know how to say
what it is that means
to me - to know
he is out there - shaking
resentful Brother
smokebound Brother

an owl
a man
of tribes
with land

by the shores
of dead meat and bones
in a smoke tent
wide and far he roams

cross legged
bent

I know
Because I once did that with him
So too did I vent
And inhale the smoke
Of woodfire
And journey
Westward
Ever west!

I miss him
And he has answers
What went wrong?
Who killed whom?
What went wrong?

You see
I can see him
in my mind's eye
a haunting
Upstate
Away
Alone

I had a daughter once
I remember
And now she’s gone

And I'm not sure if the Bone’s the enemy
or a revelation of the enemy
or a revelation of the same.
For I know him
from days past.
Before I went
in. Before
they took me
away.
Before that split
And the cut
And the death of the king.

Oh Lord
How it hurts
To be alone.

Oh Lord
It hurts worse
To be weak
When one once was strong.

I will take loneliness
before a weak, dumb
dawn.

Those are for the blind.
The bright lights
Chasms, latticed,
Great acid visions

Those are for the strong.

Oh but there’s still
A dream. Of peace
In strength. And freedom
Real freedom
From all bonds.

My kingdom for just once
A moment’s love.
My kingdom for a stone.

“Hush now.
You’re cut pretty bad.”

A tattoo, a bird upon her arm
Minerva, palatial scrawl! How did that get there?
Twas cut! Twas cut into her arm!

And thus the train rolls on,
Guided by the bird
Of flesh
not air

And thus the train rolls on.