A Diamond Mind

Wracked, the stage drops down
One and one and one makes three
Who rise up and then sink down
Their knees upon mine bones
Their eyes upon me now
And in me
How and why and how
Lids droop
And sodden bow

They first are color blue
Then red Rage
Then green Quiet
Then gone and through
The blue-wrought song

And round and on
And round and on
between
Canoes, horseshoes –
Stones and lawns
All gone all gone
As the tower crumbles around
me
As the shades are quickly
drawn

All so bleed into one
And the white
Darkness
Becomes the sun

Setting
Turning


Runs

from feet toward stony ground
Collapses, a shambles, round
And makes a man of a coalish
Trowel
Deceit cast from
The liar’s brow

The diamond inward set
And stone
set here and now
all seeing
conscious
how

Imagine everything unblushing
The rushing
Stumbling
Gushing
Water that woods that stones
All becomes a drum
I too am become one
And one, resonant, sings
Till all just like it hum
It drums and drums and drums
And on it drums
Ceaseless, incessant
- a humming
that comes and comes and comes
and comes and comes
screaming
1ness
a bellowing
w2 are a single drum

and comes
and comes
and comes

till everything is latticed
and the dreaming lives and thrums
all memories vanish
into another
a melted sum

To become a diamond
Mind
I have
Now I am become

The fright and the fear
The gold and the weir
All vanish now
In the colored maze
All fall away
All do disappear

Now I am unset
Now I am undone
for I am pressed to haze

a stone
am I become