The Great Breakneck
or
How to Hang Yourself without Dying

Scattershot the dizzy wheel
And crown yourself with thorns

Break your back, no even keel
And speak now Rebel Bone!

Scattershot the ancient tide
And dead! But you’re alive

Round Light
No Light!
Proclaims
The mystic drive

Now break her back, and she returns
To stab out your wizened eye

Yea’, scattershot a bitter pill
And aching you reveal!

You break your back upon the stone
to speak now
Rebellious one:

I am
Christening
Myself
With death

The riverbed
The riverbank
Are all that I
Have left

And whispering
the humming moan
All torn and ancient
Spent

Modern I
As old as dust
I make a
Second chance

Oh
Jubaal
Baalum
Ah
Jubaal

Burn now the blessed day
Burn now the small event

One that takes me west
And westward I am gone

Two that shows the east
The brilliant brightborne thrum

Three that northward comes
And four that southwind runs

From points to cross
to the point
to the square

The sun shall never set

As long
As she
Shall dawn

Bloody
Memory

Red Rose
White Sun
Rose Cross

I am undone

I shake
Shiver
And Repent

Oh

The break the bones of memory
Like sticks of craving time
Sucks once
A melting driver
Then again
The river born

Heraclitus
Said it best
The stream
Is always shorn
From time
And time
From time again

Till death itself is worn

A crown of thorns
A crown of boughs
This rope
This angels’ share

A drink A flask A flash A cage
The wages of a slave

A dance A fall A page A wall
My wages from Theal

Mysterious
god
Theal

Births he the Diamond Maid
Sacrificial made
And from her he was Born

Great Time
Scythe Time
Reaping
And what then
Was first sewn?

I wonder

One thing I know:

I am
The breakneck
Owl

Head turned
Upside down
Head turned
And gazing at the all

And falling
I fall
I fall

Until I am
Gone under

Until I am
The Low

Reaping we all sew

What then
shall we sew?