doomgloom

I’m a postwar Dizzy Baby
heading toward my doom
I see some pills, they were buried
and eat them in the gloom

Bing
Bang
Bong

Boom

They are fast acting!

Boom

Bong
Bang
Bing

Running running running
away from the homunculi
going going gone
away from that prayerful eye

Head into the woods yes?
Well okay I shall
Head into the woods so
and then right quick it starts to feel a lot like
well well well

And I’m chasing the chaser now
the night bird over my back
running straight down to
you know
in a handbasket of my own design
and making
a Quaker Oatmeal buggy
made from pigskin and the orgasms
she’s always and ever been a-faking

It feels a lot like dying
with Bobby lyrics in my head
Telling me he wants me dead
for all my sick, sad lack of trying

And I eat them in the gloom
the words in a geyser stew
and the woods
are not the woods
I

crash

slip

fall

The moon pirouettes

crash
lands

bang

right on my left
then left on my right
then right on my head
in twain I too am cleft!

Twas that half I was chasing

Caught, my twin tells me:
The Drunken King has a pleasure palace here
his own dear-won Kublai Khan
with girls cut up and dangling
like leather-studded prawns
on iron bars and scaffolding
they hang for the sin of lust
and shall hang
adrip with oiled tawns
for the sins of all of us

and he’s sent an emissary to meet you
a little doughy man, my twin
wan as the King was once wan
that is to say: fat like a Chinese fan
in bloom on a marble stand

The Diamond Daughter a long gone song
a memory, a haunting wrong
so you might as well forget about her
and get on with getting on

So say I, your twin

You are he and he is we
and you are me
capicse?

and I’m chasing him again now
because there’s nothing else to do
and the woods are steel girders
with semen as their glue

they’re not woods at all

they never were, in truth